By John Hinnells
The Routledge spouse to the research of Religion is a tremendous source for classes in spiritual experiences. It starts via explaining crucial methodological ways to faith, together with psychology, philosophy, anthropology and comparative research, sooner than relocating directly to discover a large choice of severe concerns, reminiscent of gender, technological know-how, fundamentalism, ritual, and new spiritual events. Written by way of popular foreign experts, this new edition:
- includes eight new chapters, including post-structuralism, faith and economics, faith and the surroundings, faith and pop culture, and sacred house
- surveys the historical past of non secular stories and the major disciplinary techniques
- explains why the research of faith is suitable in today’s global
- highlights modern matters similar to globalization, diaspora and politics
- includes annotated studying lists, a word list and summaries of key issues to aid pupil studying.